Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 51

Okay. I'm going to warn you. This is some strange looking teapot. So strange in fact, that it has been referred to as butt ugly. All in jest of course! I've looked and looked and looked at this today, and I just can't quite figure out what that peach thing is. Is it the big belly of that Asian fellow? Is it a giant oriental fruit? Is he holding his pet pig and all you see is the pig from behind? Beats me.

Our hostess Cindy has come up with something quite, er, different. Check this out. I think she's been focusing on bellies a lot lately! First we had belly dancers and now sumo wrestlers! Happily, my belly looks a lot less like this one. I've lost 30 pounds since my surgery in January! (And I plan to keep on going!)

But let's get back to the challenge. What inspired me? First of all, I love blue and white things. And this complimentary color combination has always been one of my favorites, the blue and coral. When Cindy mentioned in the gallery to the other tea partiers about not stepping into the circle, well, I just had to.

The blue and white reminded me of some ceramic balls that I have in my landscaping. They are about the size of a softball and each of them has a different pattern. (A Christmas Tree Shop purchase.) And I just got this Sneak Peak set from SU called Circle Circus.

The circles were stamped in Brilliant Blue on Whisper White CS and then arranged on the Cameo Coral circle that I cut out using my Coluzzle. (I would have used my circle cutter but........ wait for it.......... I haven't taken it out of the box yet!!!)

I used the Embrace Life set with this card also. The leaves are stamped in VersaMark on the blue background and then embossed with clear embossing powder (I hope you can see that in the picture at least a little). And the sentiment comes from that set also.

I'm calling this card "Who Hid the Sushi" because we were having sushi and green tea at the party today and someone said that there might be some shenanigans going on!

Please do take the time to check out all the wonderful Teapot Tuesday 51 cards in the gallery at Splitcoast by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it took me a while to get here but I am here! Hee! I love the way your mind works! I love that your card was inspired by the circle and the sushi! Its so fun!

    I wish I could say I have lost 30 pounds! Holy cow girl, how wonderful is that! Thirty pounds gone would make me very, very happy!

    So glad you could come again Lorraine! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.