Monday, May 4, 2009

INKredible Color Challenges 4/27 and 5/4


Last week's challenge colors were Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, and Tangerine Tango. I hadn't inked my Thoughts and Prayers set yet and needed a sympathy card for my friend who unexpectedly lost her brother after a brief illness. Masculine cards are difficult for me. Sympathy cards are difficult for me. Sympathy cards for friends, close friends, are very difficult for me. The colors of the challenge seemed masculine enough and they spoke to me of a tree.

Not to digress but have you ever seen the children's program David the Gnome? The last episode is so touching when David and his wife Lisa both reach the end of their lives - gnomes don't live much past 400 - and after saying good by to all their friends and animals, they travel to this special place (the Mountain of Beyond) and they stand next to each other and they are transformed into trees. I watched this with my kids when they were younger and they didn't get it, but I cried, and I still cry when I think of how beautiful it was. They knew their time had come and they were prepared for it, and they prepared their friends for it. Then they travelled on with such resolve and such love for each other. If only that were the way it could be. I don't know if it would make it easier or not, but on the other hand those gnomes had 400 years. What would we do with 400 years? Sounds cliche but it's times like these, when death comes so suddenly that we are reminded to live our lives to the fullest because of the unpredictability of it. Anyway, I highlighted the episode above - it's kind of grainy, but if you have 20 mins. to spare, check it out.

I love the tree in this set. Actually the next card has a tree also and I love that tree too. The colors for this week's challenge are Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery and Baja Breeze. The stamp set is Branch Out (the sentiment is from Trendy Trees - ach what is it with these trees!!!!) The big Choc. Chip brad is pretty cool, don't you think? Unfortunately, I hadn't used my Very Vanilla ink pad in forever and it was very hard to ink the stamp. When I opened the pad, on the lid was a clear oily liquid which had separated from the color of the ink. I brushed it back onto the pad, but the image did not come out that great. Don't know if I ever got a refill for that one, but you bet it will be on my next order!!!

So, how do you like my tree cards? Tell me what you think, and if you get a chance to view the video above, let me know how it made you feel. I'd love to hear what you have to share.

1 comment:

  1. Loved the video and the many messages, especially appreciate the life you have and those you share it with and that life goes on for those who are left behind.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.