Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 40

Bringing out the bling this week. Cindy posted this lovely little bejeweled teapot. There are more views on her glob, so make sure you take a look and also see her beautiful butterfly card. You're going to love it!

When I looked at this this morning I was so glad that I had an SU order being delivered today because I was sure that I had ordered the Big Shot Butterfly die, but guess what - I didn't. So I did some scrambling. This butterfly is made from the pull off lids of a yogurt container and a jello cup. I will post step-by-step pictures on Thursday for my Thursday's Throw Aways post. I can tell you now that they are quite simple to make if you have the lids, a crimper, some wire, a needle tool, beads and sharpies.


Anyway, I was lucky to have some of these butterflies stashed away so I picked out the bluest one and then got thinking about what I would use for the flowers. I knew I wanted to make it sparkly but I didn't want to do any embossing (because I didn't want any more clean-up tonight), so by chance when I was actually searching for my box of embossing powders, I came across my box of Twinkling H20's and thought they would do.


I used my cuttlebug to emboss the flower background on Whisper White paper and then got to painting. This, as it turns out, took a wee bit longer than I had anticipated, but to be honest, it was very relaxing. I hope that you can see the shine in the picture. The last touch was to add the blue jewels to the flowers.

Well, I'm glad I made it to the tea party on time this week because it was all fancy schmancy and I didn't want to miss all the fun on the red carpet!

Now I think I'll go have a piece of birthday cake and ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Really great job on this challenge. I love this butterfly. Happy Birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just looked over your tutorial on the butterfly! Is awesome! I love your cards and the creativity you put into them! Your butterfly was one of the most beautiful at the tea party!

    Awesome card Lorraine! I love your new picture too......very pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.