Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 38


That sneaky Cindy is testing us this week. She posted this picture so we couldn't see the sides and find the handle and spout. That's because they're not there. She's sneaking in a cookie jar of all things. A giant strawberry one. And, we're not allowed to bring any cream to the tea party this week because of the mess that was made last week.

(You have to be following the comments on the teapot gallery to actually know what I'm talking about. Just let me say that Cindy likes to tell stories, not only on her glob but in the comments that she leaves us on our posts, and we all have taken to adding to it as it goes along. It's become another fun part of participating in Teapot Tuesday.)

I'm not making excuses, well yes I am really, but I've been very tired this week returning to work full time and to top it off, we got some bad news on Tuesday that was very upsetting. A teacher friend of mine who had retired a couple of years ago has had a recurrence of her cancer and is in hospice.

This woman is one of the nicest people that I know. She was diagnosed with breast cancer over 10 years ago and when she had to leave work, she insisted that I was hired as the substitute for her class for the remainder of the year. Her confidence in me helped to pave the way for more long-term assignments which helped considerably. She always showed an appreciation for the crafting that I did and concern for my family. We shared a mutual love of the NY Yankees and would often talk about them. Then when I took the position in the school office, as luck would have it, she was transferred to our school until she retired. I was sad when she retired and moved out of state, but we realize now that she needed to be near her family and share in the joy of her grandchildren while she could. I hope you will take a minute and say a prayer for her.

This card is not for her, I have another one that is full of flowers that I am going to send. This one will be for a cousin of mine who had some surgery today. Her family has a pick-your-own strawberry field so I think she will appreciate this card as she recuperates.
Let me say that I am looking forward to the changing of the seasons and spring coming. I am hoping that the nicer weather will bring more cheer and happiness. This winter has been very difficult in many ways and as they say Spring always brings a promise. You know what I'd like that promise to be - what about you? What are you looking forward to this spring?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorraine! Hang in there girl! It will be tough until your body gets used to another change in getting back to work!

    I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Its such a sad thing. I can tell by your post that this has you so torn up! Breast cancer has touched so many lives and sadly not all stories have a happy ending. I feel for you!

    I would love to send her a card to brighten her day. Would you be able to email or pm her address to me?

    Your card is precious! I love the crisp and clean look to it! You are so fun at the tea parties and I love seeing you there every week! Just take care of yourself, grab some rest where you can get it and hang in there! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.