Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teapot Tuesday 36

Hey, this looks familiar. It should, I sent this teapot to Cindy in December. I have been having so much fun with these teapot challenges that I had to do something for her to show my appreciation. I saw this teapot and fell in love with it (I have it's sister - she's shorter and squattier). The texture of it was what attracted my eye. And speaking of texture, be sure to check out Cindy's glob because her card is full of texture and just so pretty!!!

I got a late start today only because my friend Joan and I went on an adventure. We, the two of us who graduated HS together in 1973, went to the Crayola Factory today (and did some shopping too!). We had both been wanting to check it out and she was nice enough to drag me along willingly. I have to go back to work next week (blah!) and I need to build up my stamina. The laps and naps that I have been doing at home will only do so much for you - getting out and around these last couple of weeks has only made me stronger. We had a great day!

But back to the project at hand. I decided, since Cindy was talking about fudge and Christmas cookies and I new we would have to have something to take all the extras home in so I made this little "birdie bag". I used Kraft cs and first cut it out with the Top Note die, then ran it through the paper crimper, distressed it with Close to Cocoa, Going Gray, and Craft White inks. I made a little box that you can't see out of Close to Cocoa and attached the front and back crimped pieces to it.


The cardinal is made from pieces of punches. Someday - maybe next November - I'll show you how I did it. The holly is hand drawn and cut from Garden Green cs and the veins were added with a marker. I punched the cardinal's background out with the Curly Label punch and added a border of Chocolate chip to that. Here is a close-up, complete with dust particles, for you to see it a little clearer. (Including the seed bead berries.)

I have to say that if I could find a little holly leaf punch the right size, I might consider making some gift tags like this! No, you didn't hear me say that - that would be nuts and I promised my mother I would be the sane daughter.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! This is so cute..and its really a little box? HOw cool is that! It rocks....You were so inspired by the teapot! Its fun to see a little cardinal done withn punches, you know me and punches!!!

    I know about the sister teapot because my friend Traci was showing me hers and it was so similar to mine, I betcha she has the one you have....

    Personally I think you should go nuts cuz then you would have a bunch of these. Your momma wouldn't mind you going temporarity nuts would she???? I'll help you talk her into the idea of allowing you to go nuts!

    Thanks for the kind words, thanks for my cherished teapot and coming week after week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see how you made the cardinal! and tell me more about the Crayola factory...I have always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cardinal Lorraine. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting about the piggy card. I so appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is just incredible! Where do I start...the entire "bag" is amazing. Your teapot get togethers sound so nice. There is nothing like the company of a good friend. I wish you well going back to work and I will definitely be back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had asked about the journal I made with my cards. I just used a hole punch and tied the cards together using string. Then used the hole punch on the manilla envelope for the cover(two sets of holes) - then glued a piece of scrapbook paper on the binding to cover the holes. Towards the back - it doesn't open as well. I may have to experiment a little with it.
    It's Friday morning - time for me to check out your "Friday CPR".
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.