Saturday, February 28, 2009

INKredible Color Challenge 2/24

Since I haven't done one of these formally in a while I was determined to get this one done this week. And I do believe that I have the correct colors this time. We were to use Pacific Point, Old Olive, and Tangerine Tango. I also used it for the Limited Supplies Challenge on Splitcoast today: to make your own background paper and create a card with only one stamp set. Embellishments were limited to ribbon and brads.


I thought the Good Friend set would be a good choice for both of these challenges. The set does have a bird and believe it or not, I didn't use it ...... this time!!!!

My card base is Pacific Point and I used all three ink colors on Whisper White to create my own background. It might look like there are more than three colors in the background. There really aren't. I stamped off once to give the effect of a lighter shade of the same ink color.

I cut a square in the background (we weren't allowed to use punches) so I could add the cut out motif and the sentiment both above and in the box. The ribbon is Tangerine Tango.

I have someone in mind for this card who has just had a sudden illness. I'm hoping it will cheer her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.