Thursday, December 11, 2008

Bitten by the Humbug Part II

I am my own worst enemy. How many times have you heard that said about someone? I try not to make a habit of opening my mouth and expressing an opinion without giving it considerable thought. In the case of my original Humbug post I should have let my anger pass and not have hit the publish post button. Instead, I made a feeble attempt at trying to make a trying situation to me humorous and in the process wound up hurting someone else. I should have known enough about blogs to know that my words would reach friends as well as strangers. It's easy to be anonymous with strangers, but friends and coworkers were given a view of our homelife that should have been kept private. I hope those of you who read the first post will read this and realize how unkind I was and know that I will try not to be so negative in the future. I will reiterate that I am very lucky to have a family and more specifically a husband who puts up with all my foibles and still loves me in spite of them. I know that he will do whatever he can to pull me out of the darkness that overtakes me at this time of year because he loves me.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. It's the stress of the season but the ones we love the most usually get the blame, when it reality, they are just trying to help. We decided to cut back this year on our inside/outside decorating. The house may not look as festive as it usually does, but we feel much more relaxed and are really enjoying the decorations that are up. Wishing you and your family a relaxed and joyful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap. I must'ave missed it bythismuch.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.