Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Teapot Tuesday 19

Don't you just love the colors in this teapot? I do. I love this color combination. Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, and Riding Hood Red. This teapot was another birthday gift for Cindy. You can read all about it on her glob. Can you believe that we're up to week 19 of the teapot challenges! I wonder just how big Cindy's collection of teapots is!


I actually was able to participate in several challenges with this card. There's a Technique Challenge (see the card below I did on Monday for that) that uses the circle medallion made with corner punches. I did that for this card but cut away every other motif so I had room to stamp the "roses". (I'm not sure they're really roses, but they fit nicely in the space!) The other challenge was today's Color Challenge on SCS to use the three colors that I mentioned above.



The large white circle was punched with a Fiskars Circle Border Punch that I had picked up from QVC over a year ago (with another one) and had never used. It comes with a pattern for either a 4" or 6" circle which you trace and cut out. Then, depending on the size you are using, you line up the circle in the punch and move it one way for the 4" and the other if you are doing a 6". Since I hadn't used the punch before it was a little stiff. I work at my dining room table and there are things stacked all over the place (Dear Santa, I'd like a studio for Christmas, please.) and almost every time that I pressed down on that punch something fell off the table, which in turn got the bird upset and he flew off the cage. You see how much fun you can have stamping!


Back to the card. You can't tell from the picture, but in the center of the button I put a green jewel from the circle ice brads. I layered the Riding Hood Red ribbon with Pink Taffeta for the bow and got my needle and thread out to gather the taffeta. I used the Boho Blossoms punch for the green leaf shapes cutting one of them in half to simulate leaves.


I'm not sure that this card is going to fit into any envelope that I have! I might have to make one. If you can't tell, I'm really having fun with these Teapot Challenges. Thanks Cindy for being such and inspiration and sharing your creativity in many ways!

5 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! I love how you used that punch...I am gonna have to buy some! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Lorraine, but you think YOU are having fun...I am thrilled each week to see what you have created! This card is absolutely awesome. I tried so hard to get the swirleys into my card and you did! Its a beautiful card and looking at it I can see all the elements of the teapot.

    I too can't believe 19 weeks has gone by! At some point I will run out of teapots and then I suppose I will have to turn to the internet and do pictures! Bah!!!

    Thanks again, I truly look forward to seeing what you come up with. Very creative stuff you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO RELIEVED to read "that I bought LAST year and never used" That's the story of my life in card making.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty teapot! I should send ya some pictures of mine or maybe use them for my own inspiration :) Your card is beautiful - the color combo looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!!! You nailed it...so very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.