Saturday, June 7, 2008

Procrastination

Looked up the definition - did you know that this word was invented in 1588? I can't image people in that century actually procrastinated!

Meaning: to put off intentionally or habitually - to delay. Yep - that fits. I definitely have got the hang of this.

Where am I going with this? Well, it all started on New Year's Day when my husband dropped a glass salt shaker on my stove top and the glass didn't break................ the enamel stove top chipped. Whereby springs into my head the adage that my father BOB used to say about New Year's Day, "what you do on New Year's Day you will do throughout the year." So, according to BOB you didn't want to do laundry or clean the house or those kind of things. Basically, things that have a negative impact on your life. Does damaging a major appliance (even if it's only the size of a dime) qualify for this - according to Lorraine it does!

So, needless to say, or rather, as "he who doesn't want his name published" would say, I've cursed the family. Mind you - it was he who did the damage, but yet I am reaping the blame for this.

You're still wondering where the procrastination comes in - well, if I started a list of the things that have gone wrong or broke around here since January you wouldn't be surprised. The latest fiasco's (if that's the way you pluralize the word!) are the dryer dying and running the well down. We are replacing our above-ground pool (last week's fiasco) and we have a well. So we have been running the hose for a few hours a day trying not to do what we actually did yesterday - get dirty water. Oh, it's not harmful as long as you don't ingest it, but who wants to shower in less that crystal water???? The dryer breaking was just the icing on the cake.

This morning I had planned to go to a garage sale and then come home and find something pleasant to do (stamp, garden, etc.). Instead, we did go to the sale and wound up going to Sears to purchase a new dryer which, yippee, for only $10 extra can be delivered tomorrow. Most people would be totally happy about that. I, however, am the one that is going to have to clean the laundry room (should I say war zone) so that the old can go and the new can come - and I've been putting it off all day. Let's just add here that it is truly the hottest day of the year so far and I DON'T HAVE CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!, and I am still recovering from a sinus infection and bronchitis. Because we have so many trees surrounding the house we manage quite well with window units, but alas, there is no window unit that will reach the laundry room. Oh hell! I should just get it over with.

But you see, since I am so good at this procrastination thing, this is why at 6 p.m. EST I am sitting here posting on my blog and still avoiding going in..... one the other hand, I did manage to straighten out my stamping area a little.

And now, I will procrastinate some more and go get an updated picture of the bluebirds and maybe put a few plants in since it should be getting a little cooler out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.