Sunday, June 29, 2008

Pink and Green B'day

Another birthday coming up this week - my cousin Barbara. She is having her knee replaced tomorrow (the second one) so send some good vibes for her. Her birthday is July 1st. I won't be seeing her until she comes home later this week. She did remarkably well the first time, just six months ago, and I'm hoping (as I know everyone who knows her is) that she will have as easy a recovery this time. Pink and green are the theme for this card.

I used some Spring Fling paper and the dahlia fold to make the center flower. The polka-dotted circle is from the prints pack. The scallop for the polka dot circle is made using the technique I posted here. The larger scallop was made with my 1/2" circle punch and lots of them little suckers adhered to the back of the circle.


As you can see in the middle picture, the Pretty in Pink circle is actually a card itself.

I wanted to show you the last picture although it may not be too clear. When I was stamping the sentiment inside (I know, I said I would try to be better about this) I wobbled the stamp and thus, I was left with an unwanted line above the words. What I did to camouflage this mistake was to take my Certainly Celery marker, and using the thin end, added some doodles to the line and more doodles around the sentiment to make it look like they were supposed to be there. Now you can't do this for every image, but it worked here. Because of the close-up the lettering looks a little blurry, but it can be read all right.

So if you're into card recipes here ya go:

Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Prints Pack, Spring Fling
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose
Accessories: Mat Pack, Needle tool, Round Fire brads, Pink taffeta ribbon, scallop punch, 1 3/8" and 1/2" circle punches, sponge daubers, coluzzle

The edges of the card were sponged with Certainly Celery and the edges of the pink card were sponged with Pretty in Pink though the picture looks washed out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this card and the cute folded flower in the center. The pink/green combination is especially sweet.
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.