Sunday, June 8, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 6/9

Yes, yes, I know that it's still 6/8, however, I did manage to get this done today and figured I'd get this posted. There's not much else to do in this heat!!

Anyway, the challenge was to use Close to Cocoa, Handsome Hunter, Old Olive, and River Rock. I was thinking camouflage but that didn't pan out. Then I thought that three of those colors are green - how could I use the fourth color with all that green. Jungles are green, with brown tree trunks and................... well, you already know what because the picture is there......... monkeys. I think that the head, tail and body of this monkey are cute, but the arms and legs are kind of weird, which is why some of them are hiding in the tree. They have self-image issues! The other one is a real swinger and doesn't care what you think of him. Oh dear lord, are people really reading this?

This card will be sent to our USPS mail-lady from work, Carol. She is a sweetheart and we heard last week that she had a fall at work and is home recovering. So inside the card I will print very nicely - "Quit monkeying around and get better" or something like that.

So let's see - I sponged the three greens onto whisper white for the background. I cut the tree trunk and monkeys from Close to Cocoa and swiped my ink pad down it to look like bark (monkeys don't bark, only the trees do - someone stop me now!!). The "leaves" and "bushes" were the various greens scallop punched with the edges highlighted.

And now I will quit monkeying around and say good-night!.

Make sure you check out the challenge entries by Stasia, Colleen, Debbie, and Kelly. You can find them on their blogs listed under Friends and Family in the left margin.

4 comments:

  1. This is so great. I love how you did the trees!!!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!! I can not stand it this card is too stinkin' cute. Great job. I would never have thought of using the monkeys. And the scallop punch. How cool is this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! I love the scallops for the tree tops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another amazing creation. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.