Saturday, June 28, 2008

4th of July Bags and Bottles

Can I tell you how frustrated I am right now! I got a new computer this week. Good thing. I have spent much time getting "acquainted" with it. Not such a good thing. It has just taken me 4 hrs. to figure out how to upload, store, and retrieve pictures on this computer. Now, don't get me wrong - I am thrilled to have it as my old one is definitely a dinosaur and heading towards extinction. It's the operating system I'm not familiar with (Windows VISTA). There are all kinds of added steps in doing all this - kind of going faster backwards.

Anyway - kvetching over, let me tell you about these two projects. The first project is a box in a bag that I found the instructions for on Splitcoast. I thought they were just too cute and decided to use up some of the scrapbook paper that I have stashed. The flag paper was purchased at Mike's several years ago and hidden away to be used for ............ this! Now, you may not be able to tell from the picture, but the bag is about 5" tall and the base is 3" square. So I need some ideas as to what to put in them. What do you think would be appropriate to put in them for the 4th of July?

The second picture I actually found by accident while I was trying to figure out my camera/computer compatability. These were something that I threw together last year. They're made with those little sample jelly jars and decorated with red, white, and blue, whatever I had on hand. They have jellybeans in patriotic colors in them. I did use the Big Pieces stamp set (which will be retiring) for the lids of the jars.

So, if you do think of something neat that I can put in these bags, please leave a comment or e-mail me. Thanks for looking!!!

4 comments:

  1. Those containers are soooo cute! I especially love the ones that look like french fry containers. I can picture chocolate dipped pretzel rods with red white and blue sprinkles peeping out from the tops of the boxes. Oh so cute!
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mousechirpy - that's a great idea. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love this idea! I might have to do this! We are having a 4th of July party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say Pixie Stix, or like mousechirpy, pretzels! Here is a cute centerpiece that you could perhaps adapt to yours:
    http://stamphappy-tammy.typepad.com and scroll down to June 21.
    Of course it's tomorrow so maybe this would be better for next year!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.