Saturday, May 10, 2008

Spring Fling Swaps

As promised here are my swaps from Spring Fling. It was a great day of learning and sharing and doing. We had great ideas from our speakers as well as from our Break Out session in the afternoon. I will post the Make-n-Takes that we did in a day or so. Thank you to the Inkredibles for another fantastic event!
Wow Swap

I have to tell you that once I decided to do this last Sunday, I tagged along with my husband as he went to Sears and I went to the Dollar Tree. I was looking for another type of frame for a project I had done in a previous post and when I couldn't find that, I was almost resigned to the fact that I wouldn't participate. But then I saw these frames. (I had 15 mins. to shop, mind you, so I was really taking a leap of faith that I would come up with something.) I originally thought that I would use the Bloomin Beautiful set in the openings, but then decided to use a stamp set from the main catalog instead of the mini. So here you have it.

Stamps: Pretty Amazing, Weathered

Paper: Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Watercolor

Ink: Black Stazon, Basic Black, VersaMark

Markers: Old Olive, Tempting Turq., Taken w/Teal, Brillian Blue, Ballet Blue, Always Artichoke, Cameo Coral, Basic Black

Pastels: Bravo Burgundy, Rose Red, Regal Rose

Accessories: Blender Pen, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Tombow Adhesive, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain, $Tree frame

The stems and leaves were stamped in Black Stazon directly on the wooden portions of the frame. And here are the close-ups of the main images:

Card Swap

I decided to use up some of the cardstock that I had cut for the talk I did at the Women's Club meeting, so instead of a card front, I made Magnetic Bookmarks using:

Stamps: Live Your Dream, Canvas

Paper: Kraft, So Saffron, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip

Ink: More Mustard, Chocolate Chip

Accessories: Photo Corner, 1 and 1 3/8 circle, and Scallop Punches, Sheet Magnet Pieces

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.