Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reunion Favors - For Ibby

Here are some favors I made for the daughter of a friend who works in our sister school. Mary's daughter Ibby has just been through one of the most challenging years of her young life. She had a bone marrow transplant several months ago and has moved back home to continue her recuperation period. Ibby is a graduate of Princeton University and this weekend is the big "reunion" weekend there. Unfortunately, Ibby still has to avoid large crowds so...... they decided to have some of the crowd come to her. She is having some friends over and mom Mary asked me to come up with some cute favors that the girls could share.

My stash of orange and black is plentiful as both my children graduated, not from Princeton but from Somerville High School and SHS's colors are also orange and black. Coming up with a tiger (the PU mascot) was a little harder. I used the leopard head from the Zoofari set, stamped it in black on Pumpkin Pie cs and added the black stripes and the white highlights. It's not as vicious looking as the real mascot, but I think he does the job.

This tic tac holder is really easy to make - you can find the tutorial here

After cutting and scoring the black cs, I added the pumpkin pie dsp with the argyle pattern. The tiger is layered over the watercolored daisy from Touch of Nature, pumpkin pie and whisper white circles and a black scallop. I tied a little knot of black gingham on the metallic cord.

Inside I used the stamp from the Time Well Spent hostess set. I think it says it all. The tic tacs are stuck on with a strip of red sticky tape.

Mary came to pick them up at school at lunchtime today - she loved them. I hope the girls will too! And...... Ibby - continue to be your wonderful self!!!!

If you would like to send Ibby a card please visit her webpage.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lorraine
    I wish I could say I did (match my nails I mean.) Thank you for your comment. Hope to see some samples from you soon. I absolutely
    love your blog, the pictures are
    fabulous.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, you always amaze me with your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.