Wednesday, May 28, 2008

INKredible Color Challenge 5/25

This week's challenge was indeed a challenge!! Almost Amethyst, Bravo Burgundy, and Mellow Moss. But here is what I came up with. It's a bookmark card. I used the Cutter Kit to make a serrated line which is hidden under the burgundy ribbon.

My friend Cindy was just honored as a recipient of the TWIN award - Tribute to Women and Industry - and I thought that I would send her a note of congratulations. There's meant to be a little humor to go along with this card - Cindy belongs to a neighborhood book club and the last couple of times that she has been the hostess, she has politely sent her e-mail reminders to ....... the wrong contact list.

You can guess what kind of responses she has gotten, especially having done it more than once. But it's one of those things that we love her for. So I'll hope she'll use the bookmark in the next book her book club chooses and know that we're all very proud of her accomplishment.

The second picture is a close up so you can see the colors a little more clearly on the bookmark.

Here's the recipe:

Stamps: Carte Postale stamp set and wheel, Canvas
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Mellow Moss, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Mellow Moss Ink and Marker, Bravo Burgundy and Almost Amethyst markers
Accessories: Bravo Burgundy 1/4" grosgrain, Mellow Moss Taffeta, Cutter Kit, Slot Punch

Note: If I didn't need this to be flat to be used as a bookmark, I would have popped up those squares!

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous!!! Love the idea of the bookmark card. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool idea for a bookmark card!Great job!

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.