Thursday, May 8, 2008

Blossoms and Bugs and Birds, Oh My!

So here's part of what I've been working on for the meeting on Saturday. Luckily for me, only 8 people signed up for the WOW Swap so I only have 8 to make, but as you can see from the picture, they're a little labor-intensive. The birds and the butterflies are done in markers on watercolor paper. Then I added Crystal Effects to the birds and Diamond Dust to the butterflies (which need two for each project!!). The flowers (lord help me - I still have more to cut out) are stamped in VersaMark ink on Regal Rose paper and then I used my SU pastels to color them - each flower is stamped 3 times to show the three layers of the flower and each project will have two flowers so...... yes, I know, I'm nuts!!!! I've got it down to 7 mins. to cut out the entire flower, so another half hour or so and they'll be ready. I don't know at this point though, if I'll have time for regular swaps - we'll see. I won't show the finished project until later Sat. night or Sunday after the actual meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.