Thursday, May 1, 2008

Balancing Act

This card is a Thank You to the staff at the school I work in for the restaurant gift card that they gave me for Admin. Professionals Day. It's an odd size because I didn't realize that I was using a leftover piece of 12 x 12 until I went to score it at 5.5" and one side was longer. I decided to run with it. I'm not sure what the fold is for this card (I tried looking it up, but it's late and I'm tired) - so I apologize for not having that information down. Since the front of the card was shorter, I added the circle piece on the bottom so that the card could be propped open and displayed. Okay, so you want to know the recipe:

Stamps: Lots of Thoughts, Doodle This
Paper: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Old Olive, Summer Picnic DSP, Prints Pack Hostess
Ink: Old Olive
Accessories: Coluzzle, Scallop and BoHo Blossoms punches, Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, 5/8" Old Olive grosgrain, 1/4" Bashful Blue grosrain

The flower is made by stamping the large flower from Doodle This on the wrong side of the Prints Pack paper, then cutting the petals to the center and folding them inward to make a 3-D flower - pretty cute, eh - not my idea!!! - saw it on Splitcoast. I know you can barely make out the BoHo punched flower in Bashful Blue in the center of the flower. Looking at it now, I should have highlighted the edges of that punched flower to make it stand out more like I did to the scallop punch - oh, well - next time. What do you think?

Edited 5/2 4:00 PM: Aha!!! It's a Kickstand Card - that's the name of the fold. Thanks to those of you who commented on my gallery post at SCS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.