Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Faux

As I was sitting here tonight I thought I should be doing something for April Fool's Day. I set out to fool the viewers by making an ugly card, grabbing at the first three colors of paper that I could and just throwing something together. But after looking at the finished product, I don't think it's ugly. It's not the most beautiful card in the world, but ugly - no. This was actually the fastest card that I have put together in a long time - and, drum roll here - it's not CASEd!!!!

I didn't even think about it until afterwards that I had chosen to use a technique on this card that would qualify as "fooling the eye" - thus the faux, or in this case, faux tile. You can see the scored lines in the card stock that represent tiles.


Here's the recipe (all SU products):
Cardstock - Basic Gray, Sage Shadow, Taken with Teal, Watercolor
Ink - Black Stazon
Stamps - Embrace Life
White Taffeta, Ice Brad, Watercolor crayons (Taken with Teal and More Mustard)
Word Window Punch, Aqua Painter, VersaMark Pen

And a close up of the watercolored flower image.

Let me know what you think of the color combination - does it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.