Saturday, March 1, 2008

National Pig Day

My husband will tell you, as well as some of my friends and acquaintances, that I am a KOOK - Keeper Of Odd Knowledge. And one of the odd things that I am known for is the celebration of National Pig Day. More specifically, I have embraced the Flying Pig as sort of an emblem or mascot of impossible things. It is meant to be a source of encouragement. This is what I came up with last year -


The little pig is actually a tack pin. She was stamped using the pig image from the 07 Sell-a-Bration set Very Punny and I laminated her with packing tape before I added her glossy white wings and glued her to the tack pin. If you can't read the poem it says -

A pig that has wings

Does impossible things!

Over clouds it can fly

In the wink of an eye!

She may tickle you pink

But she wants you to think

Of her message to each -

"Nothing's out of your reach!"

©LMASTALSKI2007


This year I came up with this:






The little pig-me-up hangs and is made entirely of SU punches. Even the tail in the back is a 1/4" circle that I punched and then cut into a spiral. You can't really tell from the picture, but it does stick out. The pouch is an envelope. I used my new SU Stitched background stamp for the envelope pouch and the card front. Some of my friends got a card with just the pig in the mail and some that were hand-delivered got the pouch with the pig and a pig-shaped sugar cookie.

The message in the card is a german proverb - "If pigs had wings, everything would be possible."

Whatever they got, I hope that they are inspired to try something that they might think impossible.

1 comment:

  1. Oh so cute! I have the SU tab punch (thank heavens!) & I have just made one of these cute pigs! You are SO clever! I am now going to make several more for my friends!
    TFS
    Sunshine xo

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.